The Importance of High-Quality Fire Damage Repairs
Fire Damage and the Importance of Quality Repairs to Chicagoland Homeowners & Business Owners
The idea of a fire disaster can be a traumatic experience for any Chicagoland homeowner or business owner. Not only can the flames destroy a home or building, but also residents have to worry about the after-effects of debris, soot, odor, smoke, water and structural damage. Several different occurrences can easily cause a fire to start:
- Home Heaters and Furnaces: Have your heaters inspected regularly, and keep portable ones safely away from combustibles.
- Cooking Fire: Unattended kitchens, splattering grease, and combustibles near heat sources are all high-risk fire disasters.
- Electrical Fires: Watch for frayed cords, overused extension cords, and overloaded outlets.
- Smoking: If you smoke in or near the house, always make sure the cigarette butt is entirely put out.
- Candles: Never leave lit candles unattended.
- Faulty Wiring: Older home and apartments are known for having inadequate wiring, which can be a significant safety hazard.
- Children: Kids can be curious about what happens when different items burn, so keep them away from matches and lighters.
- Flammable Items: Don’t keep paint, adhesives or cleaning agents near heat sources.
- Grills: Never cook on the grill near a porch or awning. Give yourself plenty of space from a flammable area.
- Holiday Decor: Beware of how close your Christmas tree gets to your fireplace — and always be sure that you’re safely hanging another decor.
The Importance of Quality Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Services in Chicagoland
Fires are unexpected, and you’ll want a professional who will do a high-quality job when repairing any damage as soon as it occurs. This includes getting the property back to pre-loss condition, such as removing any smoke damage stains, soot coatings, water damage to prevent mold, and odors left from the fire. That’s where a Harris Claims Services Chicago fire damage repair & restoration contractor come into the picture.
An HCS professional will be onsite within two hours to look through the damages, secure your property and begin emergency cleaning to your home or property. While we’re onsite, we will inspect the property, perform damage assessments, and write up preliminary estimates to provide a comprehensive restoration plan for you or your business, including removing smoke and odor removal, deodorizing, structural cleaning and repair, content restoration, etc.
Harris Claims Services can restore a fire-damaged structure to its original pre-loss condition. HCS is Chicago’s premiere adjusting firm and a leader in the fire repair and restoration industry. We’re not just public adjusters but experts in fire repairs. Contact Harris Claims Services Chicago to speak with one of our contractors today at (847) 329-8444.